Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Another Mini-Library

My daughter's mini-library set up while moving into a new room.
While we are on the matter of spontaneous libraries: I was tidying up my computer files yesterday and came across the above photograph from September of last year when my daughter Zoe moved in with me for a few months before casting off on her voyage to Germany. The photograph shows the books she set up by her bedside. It is just so reflective of her. I love it. I can look at each book and see that part of her personality. Particularly moving for me, is the worn edition of The Phantom Tollbooth. It is a present I gave to Zoe. Long having lost its jacket, and somewhere along the line (but how?) stained with ink, it has become fragile in spine, but still is so strong in its seminal influence on me. I read the book five times between the ages of being able to read and, say, about 15. I don’t know if I can say that of any other book.



No comments: